SuperCars eSeries Race Report - Round 8
May 27, 2020
Supercars All-Stars Eseries Race Report – Round 8
Phillip Island and Interlagos
Date: May 26, 2020
Session: Races 24, 25 and 26
No. 12 Shell V-Power Ford – Fabian Coulthard
R24 Starting Position (Phillip Island): 14th
R24 Finishing Position (Phillip Island): 22nd
R25 Starting Position (Interlagos): 8th
R25 Finishing Position (Interlagos): 5th
R26 Starting Position (Interlagos): 25th
R26 Finishing Position (Interlagos): 21st
- Coulthard had an inconstent run in Round 8 of the Supercars Eseries, largely due to being caught up in incidents outside his control.
- His opening race was harmed early with an incident at Turn 4, however the second race of the night at Interlagos was a good one where he finished in the Top 5 after getting a clean run.
- The final race of the evening was looking good, before opening lap carnage was compounded with a problem in the first pit stop. Coulthard drove his absolute best across the remainder of the race to finish p21.
"Well, that was quite the night. This virtual Car 12 is bloody fast, we just need to stay away from all the guys tripping over themselves out there. We had a good run in the second race of the night there, with p5 at Interlagos so that was good. A pit stop drama in the last race put paid to a good result, which is frustrating, but we can grab a decent finish when the luck falls our way."
No. 17 Shell V-Power Ford – Scott McLaughlin
R24 Starting Position (Phillip Island): 5th
R24 Finishing Position (Phillip Island): 9th
R25 Starting Position (Interlagos): 5th
R25 Finishing Position (Interlagos): 9th
R26 Starting Position (Interlagos): 21st
R26 Finishing Position (Interlagos): 2nd
- McLaughlin seemed to have a target on the back of his car at many times this evening, being taken out in the opening race at Phillip Island to finish p9.
- The second race of the evening was a similar story, with Chaz Mostert taking McLaughlin out at the opening corner, earning himself a drive-through penalty. McLaughlin again finished p9 after a fantastic recovery drive.
- The final race of the night was a good one for McLaughlin, who started near the rear of the reversed grid. He was able to avoid the carnage, and have a really entertaining battle with Shane van Gisbergen before having to settle for p2.
- He continues to sit second in the points standings behind Van Gisbergen.
"That was a big night, some really good racing there with Shane in the last race. That’s how you race. Fast, clean and hard. That was good stuff. Big credit to Shane, it’s always like that between him and me. That’s how it is, when a guy comes out with fresher tyres it’s hard to keep them behind, and he’s super quick in iRacing anyway. Otherwise we had a bad night with getting turned and taken out, but that last race was awesome. Let’s go again next week – counting down the days to the real thing now.”
Back to previous page.
Copyright ©2008-2016 Penske Racing. All rights reserved